The goal of every business in today’s tech-savvy world is to find the best way to allocate resources and maximize investments to save time. Similarly, in handling marketing analytics, data is collected from multiple sources and analysis is done with the help of report automation software and dashboards to improve efficiency.
Decoding Report Automation
Report automation is a process in which business reports are automatically refreshed at predefined intervals and are sent to various platforms or email addresses. This process eliminates the hassle of manual reporting in which someone constantly has to update the reports. Report automation is organised and removes the chances of error compared to manual reporting.
The entire process is automated with the help of advanced automation software. Huge sets of data are fetched through APIs from various forums and platforms and then combined to create visually appealing charts and tables that are easier to read and understand.
One exciting feature of report automation is that it allows the option to add personalised notes, messages, and comments which are then scheduled to be delivered to the desirable audience at a specific time.
Report automation saves time, improves information accuracy, and accumulates multiple data from various resources in one single place. As the mammoth task of data collection is taken care of by report automation software powered by data intelligence technology, people get sufficient time to analyse and interpret the data for practical action.
Why Opt for Report Automation?
By leveraging report automation tools, businesses can save considerable time and money. The reasons why one should choose to automate the task of report generation are as follows:
- Increases systematic information – The best part about automation is that a huge set of data and information is collected in one place from other tools and software for ease of view and access.
- Improves efficiency – Organised automation leads to more reports in a short-defined period than manual reporting.
- Supreme reporting – Since the efficiency of data is higher in software automation than in manual collection, creating reports from the collected information is safer.
- Expands human attention – Automated reports being completely software-based increases employee performance and satisfaction as they no more have to perform repetitive data collection tasks.
- Eliminates errors – As there is hardly any manual work involved, report automation significantly decreases the chances of mistakes.
- Enhances appropriate analysis – Once the reports are generated, the data is studied and analysed to gather improved insight to boost business performance.
- Organised compliance – The reports can be instantly delivered to their respective destinations without manual intervention. This makes the compliance routine-based and simpler.
How to Effectively Start Report Automation?
First and foremost, it is vital to choose data intelligence software that fits your requirements. Here is how you can plan your report automation strategy:
1. Understanding your needs
- It is crucial to decide the vital performance indicators you want to measure and track.
- The time frame for sending reports – daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly or annually.
- The number of integrations required per report.
- The number of employees who need access to the reports.
- The budget allocation for the software should be decided.
- The medium of sharing the reports should be determined beforehand.
- A person in charge of a dedicated team should check if the correct information is being used for the envisioned purpose.
- White labelling of the reports should be planned only if necessary.
- The customisation and preferences required for the reports.
2. Recognise the tools available
- Coding it yourself
This kind of automated analytics tool provides an option for self-coding. This empowers you to gain total control of the software by deciding what you need and what you do not. Being a fully customisable solution, this tool will ideally work for any business. However, such self-coding tools are expensive and take up time. Instead of coding it on their own, it is convenient for a company to have a team that can spare time to update the tool constantly.
- Data processing tools
Data processing tools are entirely built with the help of data processing, management, and analytics that provides concrete insights and systematic reporting. These tools are easy to create and install and are a cost-effective solution. Thus, these tools are convenient for fetching accurate information. However, it would help if you have data analytic tools to collect data. It’s better to seek the help of the analysts to understand the data and metrics on such tools.
- Business intelligence tools
Business intelligence tools provide enough options to customise. Several such tools are available to make business data analysis easier. With a business intelligence tool in place, you can perform a robust and comprehensive analysis of data and can create customised reports.
- Data analytics dashboard tools
Although the data analytics dashboard tool provides a limited number of customisation options, these are less complicated than the business intelligence tools. As data is presented in an easy-to-understand format, anybody can use such tools without prior technological knowledge. Such tools are highly affordable and available in different price ranges. You can choose a tool for your business as per your budget.
- Automated reporting tools
This is a selective option suitable only for marketing analytics to understand the marketing data quickly. This tool features multiple integrations and can be customised as per your preference and requirements to generate automated reports for your business.
3. Choose the right software for optimising performance
After clarifying your needs and determining a budget, it is your choice to consult with a marketing consultant regarding the best automation software for your business.
The Importance of Using Dashboards
Report automation software features an automated dashboard – a centralised reporting platform. The dashboards display the KPIs and the metrics collected from various sources in the same place. As the collected data is presented in graphs, tables, and charts, it facilitates the creation of error-free reports and gives you a better insight into your business. You can also consult a marketing agency to understand the dashboard’s usage better.
- Dashboards provide frequent reporting updates in real-time.
- The data and metrics are simple to understand due to visual outlines.
- It eliminates the need for human resources to collect and arrange the information received for automated report creation.
- Various departments within an organisation can access the dashboards for gathering actionable insights.
Use Dashboards in Most Effective Way
- Categorise the need – Once the KPIs and other metrics are identified, it is essential to check whether the dashboards can do justice to the requirements or not.
- Authenticate data integrity – The data collected and compiled should be accurate and easy to read to decrease errors during data entry.
- Placement of information – is crucial to have an action plan ready to use the collected data efficiently. Data communication needs to be figured out in automated sales reporting.
Automated reporting dashboards enable a business to distribute tasks among departments within an organisation for reaping the maximum benefits. Using these business intelligence tools, you can create powerful insights into your business in a marketing report to plan your strategies for future growth. Optimising time, saving money, improving self-performance, and satisfying customers’ let your business grow and attain new heights.